3 August 2014

[Customs] Quick Work pt.7















I had quite a tough time picking between two set of wheels, but ultimately settled for white-line tires.
Regardless, I will definitely do another one of these with the other set of wheels too eventually.

















The results are getting better. Creating a good mix between the polish and thinner is no longer
as difficult as it was with the Diablo. This new diorama has pre-made diorama props for once.
Normally, I'm against it, but I wanted to give it a try. Lighting still needs a lot of work though.
It's looking more and more artificial.












Being one who wanted to reduce his collection, I had scrapped the Firebird Formula off the list,
despite how some part of me could not let go of this one with such an appropriate set of tampos.
About a year later, I pull it back out and fit different wheels on it. Simple change, still pretty as ever.















Being unsatisfied with how the Wild Thing turned out with the anodized metallic paint,
I wanted to give it a second try while holding the hypothesis of why the supposed colour-tint
metallic finish didn't show up last time I used that paint. Rest assured, I guessed right.
The silicone film that the Blue Magic leaves behind was likely the cause. This time,
I had washed the car down with water after using the polish and rubbed it dry with a dish cloth.
That should've gotten rid of most of it as the paint doesn't seem to react well with it.
The results are much closer to the colour-tinted chrome I expected, though like most people with
bad lighting skills, I myself have to borrow the excuse that the car looks a lot better in person!


No comments:

Post a Comment