26 April 2014

[Customs] Totally Needed Above All Else - Venom Viper GTS

The long story short of it is, I saw that blue release of the SRT Viper, noted that
extremely familiar colour scheme and planned this custom right away. I've just
been deferring it for so long due to laziness and other tasks of higher priority.

To compliment the custom, I decided to touch up the existing mainline by finishing it off with painted ducts, grills and tail lights.











If Mattel can dish out (what I see is) a retro Spider-Man scheme, I'm going to dish out a modern Venom scheme.











I goofed up the decals several times. I guess I'm still too overconfident with my dexterity with a paintbrush. I did not want to stretch a quick project to the weekend, and it certainly would be frustrating to remove and repaint the lines over and over again, so I decided to settle with these results. While it doesn't leave me completely content, it at least has enough "pop" for me to overlook it.

No comments:

Post a Comment