6 December 2013

[Customs] You May Be Cool...

But you'll never be diamond-studded cool. Here are some rather silly ideas I came up with about a month ago which plays on sticking dollar-store stickers on the body of the car. It plays on the kitschy idea of embellishing material with precious diamonds.



Base model is a 1998 First Editions '65 Chevy Impala. The yellow tampos have been removed.



Taillights and badge have been coloured as well. Nothing else has been touched as there wasn't a need to tamper with anything else. As such, this guy has not been disassembled.





Here's a crummy Chevy S-10 I bought back when I was still new to collecting and grabbed anything remotely cool or different. I had this disassembled for about a year, had nothing done to it, and while I was digging through my bin of donors to find something to put these diamonds other than the Impala above (as I was hesitating due to the clean purple paint job). Naturally, the truck was lowered even more than it already was.



Lights, badge, mirrors and exhausts were detailed.

Having a bit of fun, here's some silly Impact-outlined captions to compliment the notion:


Shoutouts to Shinji for "So money". Diamonds, dollar signs, and big shiny wheels. Doesn't get more money than that.





Bling on!



What are some unusual materials you've used to make your custom cars?

No comments:

Post a Comment