9 June 2013

[Customs] Can't Wait for Summer. Shelby GT500.

What's awesome about making Dream Cruisers is the minimal waiting time for the polish to dry as opposed to spray paint. Because I can do just about everything at my office, there's no time spent walking back and forth to the spray booth. The Shelby Cobra needs a complete redo so that hasn't been finished yet. This time I tried skipping the paint stripping stage to test whether or not I really do need to go through with it. Turns out I don't. Lucky me. I also come to realize most of my readers aren't familiar with diecast recolours so I'll show a photo of what it looked like before so there's a better feel of the transformation.

Before:


After:


For a while, I've come to dislike the Y5 wheels because they just seem to have a hard time looking great with a lot of cars I customize. Surprisingly, they look great with this one, more so than PR5 I feel.


Tried out the Gundam 02 marker for once. Looks okay, though I'll pass on separation lines next time. Ink pens just don't like the surface of polish or paint. The felt tip tends to dig into it and if I'm not careful, I'll end up clogging it. Worry not, as long as I keep scraping the tip on a clean sheet of paper to keep the ink flowing, it's going to last just fine.




Diorama might have to wait until the fall for completion.

No comments:

Post a Comment