7 May 2013

[Tech] Displays: RIBBAs are Up!

The screws are surprisingly stronger than I imagined.

The frames are RIBBA frames from IKEA. The idea was borrowed from Jason Miller who shared the idea. The matting was scrapped and I made foamcore grids to insert. The frame's depth spans just slightly over an inch so this won't fit wider models. As for how wide each slot is would be up to your decision, I choose to go with 3 inches since the average length of my cars is just shy under that length.

With 84 cars in each shadowbox frame, each one weighs approximately 12lbs and is held up by only two screws fastened to studs. It is then held down to the wall with two brackets on top.





The bottom frame is currently empty because I'm waiting on a few more cars to arrive in the next 2 weeks to fill up the last remaining spots I had open previously.

1 comment: