9 February 2013

[Customs] Renaissance Series' First Release!

It took a while, Mohammad, but I've finally completed the very first car! 



Formerly known as the Red Series, I had picked out the most prettiest red Dupli-Color spray paint I could find in the car paint aisle at a local Canadian Tire. This colour in particular is a Dark Cherry Red and its name struck home immediately as my favourite yogurt flavour when I was little was Dark Cherry! The price tag wasn't easy to swallow, but after the first few coats I sprayed on, I really didn't mind. The spray nozzle shoots the paint out at a narrower range and the paint comes out much thinner and consistent than a regular aerosol can such as Krylon.



I hadn't primed the body after stripping the original paint, so the finish came out a few shades darker. The base plate was also painted the same colour for consistency. If you're familiar with the orange casting - which is what I used for this, recall that the interior is coloured entirely chrome. It's flashy but doesn't sit right with me. I've painted it tan for a more luxurious impression.



I'm actually very happy with how the paint turned out despite the unexpected results. Reason being is that now the chrome wheels and trim contrast greatly with the darker body. A few individuals told me that the default wheels were "as best as it could get". I somewhat agree, but I love my choice a lot more. What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. The color looks absolutely fantastic, perfect for an old Jag. I don't know is these wheels look better though. They would for sure however if they had more tire on them.

    ReplyDelete